Thursday, February 23, 2006

Damage Update

Well, it's worse than we thought. On both counts. David's car will take upwards of 10 days to fix, and they may not start until Monday. The adjuster did his thing yesterday and then let the body shop do a tear-down, which they did this morning. They faxed the rest of their damage report to him after that, and they're waiting on him to come back and finish his inspection, hopefully tomorrow, before they can start working on it. It's looking to be about $5000 worth of damage.

Doesn't it look absolutely pitiful?!?































As for my van, they're talking about totalling it. After his initial evaluation, it was at 65% of the value of the car, and he was pretty sure that they would find additional damage after the tear-down, which they're hoping to do tomorrow. That would kick it over the 75% total limit for GA.

I probably won't know until Monday if I will still have a van or not when this is all over. I cried when I went by there to take these pictures tonight. Heck, I'm crying now! My poor baby! This van has gone everywhere with us! Christmas's in Byron and Fayetteville, all of our trips to Atlanta when we were looking for a new house, our trip to Tennessee to see the aquarium. I felt so bad seeing it there in the body shop lot smashed to bits and looking so lonely in this gloomy rainy weather. Then I opened the door and saw all the little toys and things my kids constantly leave in there, and it made it even worse. All those memories! Probably close to 60,000 miles worth! I didn't want a new car, but it looks like I'm gonna get one.

More later...









No comments: