Ok, so that's a *little* dramatic. :) I wasn't dead. But you probably thought I was! I've been very neglectful of my blog these past few months. It started when we got super busy at work and snowballed from there. But here I am, trying to start fresh. And OH the catching up that has to happen! I won't be able to do it all in one post. So I'll have to spread it out over the next few.
For starters, we're all fine. Coming out of a viral, sneezy, and achy fog, but fine. Rhya started it a couple of weeks ago, and missed most of the school week, and then the other two got it last week. I woke up with it Saturday, but after a few hours on the couch, I forced myself to get up and get dressed, had some TIG Friday's for lunch, and pretty much refused to be sick anymore. And it worked! I was fine for the rest of the day. I'm pretty good at doing that... refusing to be sick. I wish David could learn how to do it, but alas... he's a man.
Ahh, David. My Knight in Shining Kevlar. That's right, sports fans! You heard it here first! We're back to motocross! (Cue the pic of me pulling my hair out.) He came down with some kind of flu/virus/whiny-baby-sniffle a month or so before Christmas, and was laid out from tennis for a couple of weeks. And that's all it took to kill the tennis momentum. And we were going along so well!!
Next thing I know, he's reading MX magazines and recording MX races on our new DVR. And I saw the writing on the wall and *knew* I should start gearing up for a hobby switch. Well, at least he's consistent.
A few weeks ago, Mark (our tennis pro) called him up to ask if he wanted to hit with him, so he did. While they were practicing, Mark tells him that they've missed him on the court, and that he dropped out so quickly that they thought we had moved! A couple of them even drove by our house to see if we still lived here! Yup, that's my David. When he becomes focused on something, especially MX, he's a single-minded machine. It probably NEVER occurred to him that his tennis friends might wonder where he was. Doofus.
So he hasn't really played tennis for the last 3 months, he's back out of shape again, limping on a hurt ankle (another story for another day) and last night he says to me, "By the way, I have tennis practice tomorrow night."
I'd love to be a fly on the court fence for that one.
3 comments:
OMG...she comes back to life!
Hey! I just happened to be killing time, almost didn't click on your link in my "favorites" since I knew there wouldn't be an update ;) Good to "see" you!
Welcome back!
Post a Comment