Ok, from the happy of this morning's "truth" lesson we now turn to a vent about summer programs. That's how my moods seem to run these days. Up, down... up, down... up, down. It's exausting!
Anyway, on to my vent.
Why is it that all the summer programs for kids under driving age end at 2:30 in the afternoon? What the heck is up with that? Don't they know that some parents work? I don't get home until 5:30 most evenings. What am I supposed to do? Leave work to pick up my kid every day? And why the heck are they so damned expensive?!? Swimming lessons around here are $90 a child! I just paid $200 to get Mia into cheerleading, and would have paid $250 for her uniform, but by the grace of God, they offered a "yardsale" and I was able to get it for $90. I still have to pick up her shoes in a couple of months, and that will be another $30. Sheesh! I have three kids, people! I want them to grow up to be well rounded adults, with lots of interests and skills, but this is rediculous!
I am SO glad that my son doesn't want to (and can't) play hockey yet... it's $1600 just to sign them up! Something about having to rent ice time... whatever. That's a load of crock. It's like the $75 "Spirit" fee that they charged me at Cheerleading registration. It's supposed to pay for banquets, trophies, and things like that. That had better be one damn fine trophy and a gourmet meal!
Ugh... tell me again why I decided to have three? I'll be so far in debt by the time they leave that it will take me all of my retirment years just to break even!
Jen
3 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! I knew Atlanta was expensive, but seriously... the cost of living (groceries/gas/etc.) are comparable to where we used to live... it's the darn activites that are three times as much!
holy moses! I agree it is alot of money. Do they think money grows on trees?
Good grief! There is no reason activities like that should cost so much. All this talk about getting kids involved in something and out of the house away from the TV and video games. Not all parents can afford that kind of stuff for their kids.
And yeah, 2:30 for summer programs? That makes no sense.
Post a Comment