Tuesday, September 05, 2006

General Update

Ok, so since I'm on here anyway, and I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, I figured I'd do so now.

We still haven't seen anyone from the family across the street, although we have had one more cop visit (the same officer that came last time, just doing a check to see if there was evidence that anyone had been there). There are a couple of notices posted to the garage and front door. One is a "No Trespassing" sign, and one is a notice to the previous owners that if they want anything that was left in the house, they need to contact the realtor.

Yes, the house is back up for sale with Coldwell Banker. I looked on their site, but couldn't find a listing yet. I'm curious to see how much they have it listed for. There were two people that came out to see it yesterday, and I felt bad that those stupid signs are on the door. Sure doesn't make if feel homey, I'm sure.

Hopefully, that's the end of our "Meth Lab" saga.

In other news, the long weekend was nice. We didn't really have any plans, and it was nice to just go with the flow. Mia didn't have a game this weekend, either, so the whole weekend was ours. David watched the US Open off and on all three days. And I even sat and watched with him on Saturday, when Andre Agassi played for the last time. What a tear jerker! He was David's idol back when he was in highschool and college. They're the same age. So for as long as I've known David, I've known of Andre. We've watched lots of his matches, including the rivalry with Sampras, and I've always liked watching him play. I cried like a baby when he gave his speech at the end of the match Saturday. I'll miss watching him.

Switching gears...

So, I had this really great idea that I stole from a parent on Rhya's softball team. I have been taking pictures of all of the girls on Mia's cheerleading team, both at practices and at the games. I was going to make each girl a small scrapbook, maybe just a few pages long, with pictures of themselves from this season. It was a big hit at Rhya's softball banquet a few years ago, and she has loved looking back through the book from time to time.

Well, last Thursday, at practice, we had a parent meeting, and as it turns out, one of the Team Mom's is a scrapbooker and is already planning on making each girl a scrapbook! Bummer. So much for my brilliant idea. Still, there is some discrepancy as to whether they will make scrapbooks or photo albums, since the other Team Mom isn't a scrapbooker and doesn't really want to go that route. So I'm still taking pictures, and still making plans. Just in case. And hey, I can always donate some of the pictures I've taken to the team moms if they decide to go ahead with it. They even talked about having a scrapbook party so everyone could help... I looked around the circle of mom's and got the distinct impression that not many of them would volunteer for that part... lots of "deer in the headlight" looks. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, my foot is really throbbing now, and it's almost lunch time, so I'm gonna sign off. More later!

Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Jen, you not blogging anymore? I stopped in for an update, you know you should write a book! Well then, later I guess. Until next time...Linda

Anonymous said...

Jen...

I don't know what is going on with your life!!!!!

Please update your blog.

Janis