Ok... Rachel and I have a ritual every morning. After I've finished invoicing the shipments from the night before, I stuff the envelopes, stamp them, and then we go on a break. Rachel is a smoker and needs her morning fix. We do this every morning, and we've done it for the last 6 months.
So this morning, we head out towards the mailbox, strolling and chatting along the way, fully engrossed in our conversation, when BAM!! Some idiot from two offices down flings his door open RIGHT ONTO MY FOOT!! The door actually crushed and scraped over my 2nd and 3rd toes. And of course, when he realized what he'd done, he pulled it closed again, and SCRAPED THEM AGAIN! ARG!
Ok, so yes... he was sorry...embarrased... whatever. I didn't curse, I didn't yell... heck I barely even flinched. But I was still in shock. He looked me dead in the face and said, "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you because the blind was closed!" Yeah... he's holding the door open behind him, and I can see the blind is wide open. Dumb butt... just look before you fling open the door!
I had to vent here, because I kept my cool and didn't raise a fuss. I even finished the trip to the mailbox, assuring Rachel the whole time that I was fine.
Now they're starting to smart and swell... and I'm limping... Wonderful.
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment