Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Now THAT'S customer service!!

I'm so not feeling well today... and I'm sitting here at work counting down the minutes until I can go home and crawl into bed.

So lunch time gets here and I head out to get something to eat... I was going to go to KFC, but then decided that I'd rather have Sonic, so I pulled through KFC's drivethru and crossed to the next parking lot (since it's right next door). I wait in line, order my food, and then reach for my purse...

which isn't there....

because it's under my desk at work......

Ugh.

So, rather than drive off and leave them hanging with my order, I wait in line a couple of minutes more until it's my turn... then, with the utmost humility, and making sure they knew I was utterly embarrased, I asked them to hold my order until I could run back to my office and grab my purse.

The waitress, who doesn't know me from Adam's housecat, says to me, "That's ok... don't worry about it. We'll cover you this time."

I actually started to argue with her.

Then, another waitress, who does actually know me, since I go by there almost every morning to get a mango tea before work, comes up behind her and says, "No, really... it's fine. Don't worry about it." smiles at me, hands me my food and shoo's me from the line.

I thanked them both profusely and promised to take care of it tomorrow morning when I drop by for my tea.

Do I feel like a bloomin' idiot? Yes... but I'm not a HUNGRY bloomin' idiot. :D

No comments: