Well, apparently we're human. Because the FLU has been running through our house for the past two weeks.
A couple of weeks ago, it started with Rhya. She stayed home from school for two days with the fever and chills, and then coughed for at least a week after that.
It hit me really quick and hard a week ago Saturday. We had gone to the Cub Scout banquet that night, and I was feeling fine all through dinner, but once I got home, the chills, fever and body aches started. I crashed on the couch and was like that for most of Sunday.
Then the coughing started on Monday, although the fever and chills were gone by then, thankfully. I worked a half day on Tuesday because I was coughing and congested badly enough that Earl took pity on me and sent me home. And I couldn't talk anyway, which is kind of important when you're answering the phone.
I was able to go back to work on Wednesday, but only a half day again. By Thursday I was back full time, but the coughing continued, and still does. Right now, it's like a tickle in my chest. It will probably hang on for a few more days before it's completely gone. And even though the nasal congestion is gone, I've still got fluid in my ears, and it makes me loopy sometimes. I hate that dizzy feeling... probably why I've never tried to get drunk.
It's run through the entire family, and we've all had the same progression of symptoms. Noah is just getting past the fever stage, and David is currently dealing with chills, aches, and nausea. Earl's wife was out the entire week before I got sick, too. And Diane (from Cub Scouts) was sick the week before the banquet. So goodness knows where I was exposed... it could have been Rhya, Elayne or Diane, or it could have been some random stranger at the store. But it's been UGLY around our house the past couple of weeks.
I can't wait for this to run it's course so I can do a really good thorough cleaning and get all the left over germs out!
No comments:
Post a Comment