Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been really busy around here! So let me update. :)
I got a great settlement from the insurance company. I did have to put up a little bit of a fight because they didn't take into account that my van had leather seats and a CD player, but once that was all over, the settlement was fair. The "loss of value" guy re-evaluated, and sent us another check... this one for $124.00. Oh well... it's a little better. Add that to the last one and you almost have $200! LOL!
In the meantime, David and I had been looking, and we decided that rather than strap ourselves with another car payment, we would buy a used car outright. The day before we got the check, we found my car. It's a 1999 Ford Expedition, and I love it! I'll post a picture of it later... it's too dark to take one right now. It's silver, top to bottom, has two rows of seats and a HUGE cargo area! They had another with three rows, but with the width of this thing, we really didn't need that third row and I wanted to have that open cargo space in the back without having to fold the seat down. And that one wasn't in the same good shape that this one was, anyway. It had a few dents and scratches, and it didn't have the power amenities that this one does.
The only downsides are, it has a cassette player instead of CD (but David can install a CD player for me, so no biggie), and it has a V8, so I pay more for gas each week, but really, that's also an upside, because the engine will last longer. And since I don't have a new car payment, I don't mind paying a bit more for the gas. And I don't drive that many miles anymore anyway. Work is only about 12 miles away, and I don't usually travel far on the weekends lately, either. One of the advantages of living in the "city". LOL!
So no more Neon!! I can't tell you what a culture shock it was to get out of that tiny little piece of scrap metal and step into this big, humongous, behemeth truck! Nice... very nice.
Now all we have left to do is get David's car back. I talked with the body shop yesterday, and it was being painted. We should be able to pick it up Wednesday morning, they think. We're paid up with the rental agency through Friday, really, so it's no skin off my back. Whatever days they save us just gets refunded back. I know David wants his baby back, though. :) The Corolla is better than the Neon, but not much better.
So let's see... what else is happening in our lives? The kids aren't taking karate anymore. They had their last class on Saturday. Mia is going to be a cheerleader, and Noah wants to take gymnastics. That reminds me, I need to call the place later today to see if they have an opening. Rhya has taken to recording her songs, which I think is great! She usually does it after we leave for work and school, and before we get home in the afternoon, since that's the only real quiet time we have around here. She's doing great in school, too... all A's this 9 weeks!
Work is keeping David and I busy. I'm loving my new job, and still love the people and the company I work for. David has started a new season of men's singles in tennis, again. And strangely enough, played against my boss the other night. It was just practice, when they both happened to be at the courts at the same time, but it was funny to hear him say he had played against him. Said he was good, too. They might end up playing more often, since David is always looking for someone that can present him with a challenge, to help his own game.
My best customer is keeping me busy with scrapbook orders, too, and I love it. I am finishing up one album for her, starting another, and in between I'm working on single pages for an album she is trying to finish up. It's a full plate, but I love staying busy. And of course, the added income doesn't hurt. LOL!
So that's us lately! Leave me a comment and let me know how the rest of you are doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment