Saturday, July 01, 2006

Ok, ok....

I know... it's been a LONG while. :) So long, in fact, that my sister actually wrote to me and demanded an update! Brazen hussy. (j/k, Janis... you know I wuvs ya!)

Truth is, I've just been busy. I couldn't even tell you what it is that's making me so busy other than work and life in general... it's all just kind of a blur. We've gone to two pre-k birthday parties with Noah, been doing a little more decorating in the house, been hanging out around town on the weekends just killing time at the mall or whatever, and I've been working ona couple of client albums, but nothing really spectacular. Just busy. Oh, and we've been watching lots of movies... curse that Netflix for making my butt so much bigger!

We watched "Eight Below" last weekend... VERY good movie. Very sad, but very good. And the fact that Paul Walker stars in it doesn't hurt, either. And it was nice to watch a movie with actual people in it rather than just a cartoon. (Last night, the in-house movie was "Veggie Tales: Minnesota Cuke"... very cute, LOVE me some Veggie Tales, but sometimes I need to watch a movie for ALL ages! LOL!)

So today, we're gearing up for Noah's first birthday party! He turns 5 next week, and we're having a pirate themed party for him this morning. I have to go pick up his cake from Publix at 9:00. Here's what it looks like.


Cute, huh? It'd better be! The darn thing is costing me $40 and it's the SMALL version! But at least he gets to hang on to the pirate toys when he's done. And the boy has enough pirate ships to put together an armada, so he needs plenty of pirates to crew them. LOL!

As far as I know, only one other little boy is coming today, with is mom, but that's ok. I didn't want a huge party anyway, and at least he will have a friend and his two sisters there with him. It's a bad weekend to throw a party, I know. I'm thinking maybe next year I'll do a week earlier. Mia's is gonna be difficult, too, because school starts two days before her birthday. But all of her friends live in the neighborhood, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I love living so close to everyone!

I made some cute invitations for his party. I took pics, but I didn't upload them yet, so I'll post them later when I update with pics from the party. They unfold to show a map inside and say "YE BE INVITED" on the front. I was very proud of myself for coming up with the idea during a moment of scrappers block at one of my Monday night Archivers crops with Rachel.

Those are still happening, by the way, and I love it! We've gotten into a routine now, and it's nice heading over there after work every Monday. We went to a couple of classes in the last few weeks, too, and made some cute things. I now have a new Altered Tin Card Box that we used Tim Holtz alcohol inks on... very cool! Gotta get me some of those! And I also have a 6x6 Paisley Chic album that we completed in 2.5 hours. It was so fun to make... there may be some Christmas presents that come out of these classes. :)

So let's see... what else has been going on... OH! Mia got her ears pierced! She just looked at me one afternoon when we had gone to the mall to see a movie, and asked to have her ears pierced. I tried to talk her out of it, not because I didn't want her to do it, but because I wanted to make sure she really did want to have it done. And she wouldn't budge. So we did it! She's done very well with them, even reminding us herself every day that it's time to clean them. Her skin doesn't seem to be as sensitive as Rhya's was, and THAT's certainly a blessing. She's all excited about getting new earrings for school, since that will be when her 8-week healing period will be over. I'm gearing up for the "no dangle earrings until you're older" battle.

Anything else? Um... David is still playing tennis, and still loving it. Maybe we've finally broken the never-ending cycle of hobbies he goes through. (Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?) He was supposed to be in a tournament today, but cancelled it because of the birthday party. He just couldn't say no to Noah when he asked if he was going to be at his party today. (Awww...)

And Rhya... she has been such a help this summer, babysitting the kids for us. I'm taking her and her friend to the mall after the party today to hang out. I was going to sign her up for rock band camp, but I can't get the stupid people to respond to my e-mails. I'm going to try and call them next week. It's actually pretty cool... they meet on Saturdays and get lessons from pros on their instruments, and they also get to put together a band and work towards playing a concert as well as creating a CD. She's very excited about it, if I could just get in contact with the stupid camp!

Well, I have 3.5 hours before our one guest arrives, so I'd better go so I can get cracking on setting stuff up. Updates later! I promise!

No comments: