Thursday, May 11, 2006

Catching Up...

Let's see... what have we been up to?

Well, David played in a tournament last week. He beat his first opponent, but lost his second match, so he didn't make it to the finals. But he did get 11 points out of it, which should improve his ranking, so he feels ok about it. His comment before he entered this tournament? "I'm playing in a tournament this weekend. I haven't played in one for months, and I'm currently ranked 30th. I can't have that." Oy vey!

Rhya got her Gateway test results back today, and she got excellents! The 8th grade Gateway is a test that you have to take to advance on to high school. Her chorus spring concert is tonight, and she is going to sing a solo in one of the songs AND play her guitar and sing for another. :) Good thing she has two musical parents, huh? She is also going to take "Rock Bank Camp" this summer. There is a program called "Camp Jam" (www.campjamusa.com) here locally where you can go on Saturdays and learn to play in a band. By the end of the session, they actually have you recording music and planning videos and such. Very cool! She's decided that is what she wants to spend her babysitting money on this summer. Needless to say, she is VERY excited.

Mia was in a play today called, "You're in the Wrong Story!" It's an adaptation of several fairy tales that was written by her drama teacher. The Gingerbread Man runs away from the old couple that baked him and the more he runs, the more lost he finds himself in stories that he doesn't belong in (The Three Pigs, Goldilocks, The Little Red Hen), until he finally runs himself back home. It was very cute, and I got the whole thing on camera, too. She is enjoying the last couple weeks of school (they get out on the 24th) and is ready for Summer vacation. I think it's helping her calm down a bit, since she has been getting great conduct grades in class these last couple of weeks.

Noah is also eagerly awaiting Summer vacation. I certainly can't say he's being patient about it. But I think he will miss his friends once he realizes he isn't going to school for a couple of months. We got him registered for Kindergarten last week, so he's all set to start in early August. I'm dreading the first day he gets on the bus.

As for me... I tought my first community scrapbook class last weekend. I only had four students, two of which were friends of mine and fellow social committee members, but the class went well, and I can't wait for the next one in June!

I've got Rachel scrapbooking now, so we go every Monday night to Archivers to crop. It's nice to have that one night a week that belongs to me. She's in Hawaii right now visiting family, the shmuckface (her word), so we weren't able to go this past Monday night. I missed it. It will be fun to catch up when she gets back, though.

I got a very cute birthday card in the mail from Chris yesterday! Thanks, Chris, but no, I don't like cowpies, my dear. Bring on the cake! (ok, inside joke - like he reads this anyway? Whatever.)

Oh! Yesterday, I got the most interesting e-mail in my custom scrapbooking e-mail box! It was from Karan Smith, the creator of Magic Mesh!! Ok, so it was TOTALLY an ad for her product, but seriously, she said she liked my site! How cool is that? And how cool is it that she found it in the first place? Call me lame, but I'm psyched about it! I've had two customers find me through my site now, neither one of which is local, and now Karan... I wonder where their finding it? I'm pretty sure Google has NO idea where I am unless you actually type the company name in. I should come up with a "Tell me how you found me" question on my questionnaire I hand out to new customers.

So that's us! We're extremely busy with the end of school activities going on, and work, and side jobs, and tennis, and cheerleading prep, and rock camp, and soon gymnastics... whew! I thought summer was supposed to be a time to relax! LOL!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Holy moses! You tired me out reading about everything ya'll have going on. Thank goodness for your one night a week crop and David's tennis or else you guys would go nutso! LOL