Ok... the good news is, we haven't seen hide nor hair of any of them since Tuesday morning. That night, two police cars parked down the street with the probie officer and they walked up to the house hoping to catch them there, but no luck. They haven't been back since they left that morning. I think they realized that people were "sniffing" around the house and that the probie officer might be looking for the son.
According to my neighbor, they now have a warrant out for both boys; the son and the boyfriend of the daughter. I just hope that they can get this resolved so that the realtor can get the house cleaned up and sold to a normal person/couple/family.
It's funny... I'm posting all of this hear with the full knowledge that my sister/brother/father could read it and freak out, but when David called his mother yesterday to talk about other stuff, I sat by him to be sure he didn't say anything to her. I just can't see putting her and FIL through that stress (and I know it would cause them both a coronary) when there is nothing they can do.
I also know it's most likely a random type thing, and the chances of it happening again in our neighborhood are slim. I think that it's a fluke it happened here at all. And I don't want MIL or FIL trying to convince David that we need to move again.
My poor neighbor, the one with a daughter that is Mia's age, is beside herself with worry. She keeps thinking about how her daughter's bedroom is at the front of the house, and what if there had been some drug deal gone bad or an explosion... I can't think of stuff like that. It would drive me nuts. They're gone now, hopefully for good. So I won't play the "what if" game.
Something I've realized in the last few days, though, is that we don't have a neighborhood watch program. I don't know if people don't think we need one because we have an HOA or what. I might bring it up with the HOA prez the next time I see him. See if anything has ever been brought up about it. I think we really need one. If for no other reason than to deter idiots like that from moving into our neighborhoods.
No comments:
Post a Comment