Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cheer Camp!

THIS is why it has taken me so long to post after being back from Grandma's...


Mia had Cheer Camp right before we left, and then has had three practices a week since we got back. Talk about busy! They're really working the girls before school starts on the 14th, when the practices will drop to two a week. Hopefully, mid season, they will be able to drop it to one per week.

They're even doing stunts!!



Mia is the spotter in this one, but the coaches have said that every girl will get to be a flyer, spotter, and base at some point in the season. She is one of the tallest on the team, so I pity the girl that she has to sit/stand on when it's her turn to be the flyer!

I gotta get ready for work, so more later!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, I didn't realize they get to do the "stunts" so early. I always thought that was jr high/high school.

Mia is adorable!

Jen said...

Thanks! Yeah, they have three stunts they do. Thankfully no real "flying". They do a pony sit, where one girl piggybacks on the back of another and does a high "V" with her arms. They do the one in the picture, where the middle flyer is standing on the legs of the two bases and doing the high "V", and then they do one other that they haven't practiced much yet. I think it's just the flyer and spotter with no base. I can't remember how it goes, but I remember it being the easiest of the three.