It is with a great feeling of satisfaction that I report the Expo is now over. I had such a wonderful time! I took 3 classes, acted as Teachers Pet for 2 more, got LOTS of free goodies, got some shopping done, cropped my heart out, got to hook up with some old friends, and meet some newer ones face to face... it was a full weekend, and I am so glad I was able to do it.
Let's see... it started out with my 9:00 God Bless Little Boy's class... we made two 12x12 pages and also a cute little mini album in an acrylic box...
And I got to see Adrienne in this class, too! Hi, Adrienne!
Then it was God Bless Little Girls in the same room, and we made another 12x12 2 page spread and mini album:
It was so much fun!
After that, I took a break for lunch and did some shopping... these are some pics I took of the booths I could see from where I was sitting down to eat.
Then it was back upstairs for my 10 Things I Love About You class from Rusty Pickle. It was very fast paced, and we weren't able to completely finish the 2 page spread within the hour, so I don't have a pic yet, but here is a pic of my instructor, Beth. She was great!
When I got done with that class, around 4:00, I shopped for a little while more, did some make & takes, and then got ready for the crop. I wasn't able to sit with Vicki and Linda, but I was at the table next to them, which was nice. I got lots of layouts done, met some new friends, and had lots of fun!
Here are some pics from the crop:
This is my table... Kara sat on my right, and Andrea in front of her... they're from Fort Benning! What a coincidence! I can't remember the names of the ladies sitting on my left and in front of me, but they were so nice! I had lots of fun talking with them.
And here is a pic of me, Linda, and Vicki... they look so cute in their LaGrange Scrapbook t-shirts, don't they?
After the crop, I went home and didn't get to sleep until 2, with all the excitement. I slept on the couch so I wouldn't disturb David. But he ended up having to get up anyway... Mia had an accident, and woke him because she didn't see me sleeping in the living room. But it worked out, because he let her sleep on my side of the bed after he got her all cleaned up.
The next morning (actually, this morning), David and I left about the same time... him to his tennis tournament, and me to my next class, Creative Cards. I didn't get any pics in this class, but I had a great instructor, Shelby from DCWV, and I was a TP for this one also. I helped her with my class and then also the next class, becasue she didn't have a TP for that one, so in exchange, she gave me three different card kits (total about 20 cards worth) and a $12 idea book for free! Woo hoo!
So once I got done with that, I headed downstairs to finish out my shopping. Around 11:30, I heard my name called on the intercom, and it turned out to be Dawn (from the Nook) looking for me! I wish I had thought to get a picture with her, but completely forgot. She had her hubby with her, bless his heart... but he was being really great and it was really nice to meet both of them.
I left just before 12, and that pretty much wrapped up the Expo for me. Oh, and in case you're wondering, David won his first match 6-4, 6-1. But by the second match at 4:00, he had started to cramp up and couldn't get through it without pain, so he lost. But he was playing the second seed in the whole tournament, so at least he didn't lose to a scabini.
If you hung in here this long, you're a saint.
Night!
1 comment:
Posted by Becky at 7:29 AM, Sep. 4, 2005
Guess that makes me a Saint! LOL!
Hi Jen!
Sounds and looks like you had a blast at the Expo! I am so glad. I wish I could have gone. But, not making any money this summer really put a damper on my spending. I am glad that you got to meet Adrienne. She is a sweetie!
Take care... Becky
Post a Comment