Well, it's Christmas Eve... Janis's birthday, incidentally, so...
We went to visit Dad today... Noah and David, too. Truth be told, Noah probably should have stayed at home, but he didn't have a fever when he got up this morning, so we all went. I had a good time visiting with Dad and Gail and the rest of the crew... we don't get to see them that often, so I try to make the most of every minute we're there.
Janis & James couldn't come, which was a bummer... but it was nice to talk on the phone today, anyway. I'm hoping we can take a weekend trip down there this spring or summer and visit with them and with Grandma.
After we got home from Dad's, David decided to start his own tradition... he let everyone open one present to play with. Rhya and Noah opened presents from Janis and James, and Mia opened her present from Jack and Jen. They all loved what they got, so no worries, guys! Rhya opened the velvet jacket and shirt, Mia opened her My Little Ponies, and James, Noah LOVED his T-Rex Mountain! We've already put it all together, and he played with it all night. :) I made a small video of him opening it, and I'll share it maybe tomorrow.
After that, Rhya and I raced to Kroger to get a few groceries to tide us over while the stores are closed tomorrow... good thing we did, too, 'cause they closed at 7:00! And rightfully so... everyone should be home with their families tonight.
Then we all baked some cookies and made reindeer food (got pics of that, too... again, I'll share them tomorrow). The kids put together the plate of cookies and the milk and we set it by the fireplace. And finally, they spread the reindeer food in the backyard. After that, we went upstairs to read Christmas stories and they were allowed to watch one Christmas movie before they went to bed. They are all camped out in one bedroom so they can all wake up together. They are under strict orders to check with Rhya to see what time it is BEFORE they come downstairs. Still, there is no door on their room, so we will have to work extra quietly tonight. :)
I'd better go and start wrapping presents in the bedroom. Note To Self: Next year, wrap the presents as they come in the door rather than waiting until Christmas Eve.
I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy the time you spend with your family tonight and tomorrow. Nighty night!
No comments:
Post a Comment