Well, I've gotten the kids off to school... it's another quiet day here in the Sollenberger house. I'm taking a ride to Office Depot today to pick up the rings I need for my fiber/ribbon baggies, and I'm going to try and finish up the page I've been working on for the In My Mind's Eye design team. I really want to get some scrapping done today. All that organizing yesterday has gotten my creative juices flowing, and I'm itching to get my fingers into all that paper!
I found out yesterday that my friend Damien is getting married, and I'm so excited for him! I'm hoping to be able to go to the ceremony... I would love to take lots of pictures and put something together for them. There is nothing more fulfilling than creating something with your own two hands for a friend.
Speaking of creating... I'm going the "homemade gift" route this year again with Christmas. It just seems to mean so much more when I give people gifts that have taken some work as opposed to buying them something at the store or giving them a gift certificate. Rhya thinks it's hokey and dumb, and that people get tired of it, but I really don't think they do. I think it's just her being 13. So anyway, along those lines, I've been working on a cross stitch project for my MIL. It's a picture of a teddy bear in a vest, and it will go with the really nice jointed teddy bear that I found for her this past weekend. She's been weeding out some of her bears, but he was so cute I couldn't resist. I'm also trying to finish up a cross stitch project for my FIL... it's an adaptation of the painting by Deana M Chappel of a firefighter's coat, boots and hat, and it's called "Waiting". I've been working on it for years, a little at a time (it's huge!), and I hope to have it done this year. I also owe him a 6x6 album, and I'm almost done with that.
Well, I'd better go get breakfast and get started on my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment