Previously posted on my other blog at 9:56 am on September 23rd, 2005.
What have I done?

(ok... get your mind out of the gutter...)
But I must be crazy!

I went to a PTA Scrapbook Workshop meeting last night. Apparently Gwinnett County has a Scrapbook competition every year, and each school can submit a scrapbook for judging. The PTA gives a $200 budget, and the theme is "What the PTA Does for Our School". I didn't even know about this competition or the meeting until Wednesday, which should have been my first clue, but no, I had to go ahead and ask the DES PTA contact about it. She told me she wasn't able to get anyone to chair the project, and DES has never done one because of that. I told her I would go to the meeting last night and check it out. Well, guess who has been nominated to take over this year long project?
How do I get myself into these situations?!

So now I have to coordinate with the DES PTA (for function info, meeting info, newsletter info and pictures), the yearbook staff (again, for pictures), and try to get together a committee to help organize this thing. ACK! We have until April 21st to complete the book. It will be judged after that and there will be a banquet on May 9th to give out the awards.
Why doesn't anybody warn me before I step into this stuff?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment