Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wow!

Previously posted on my other blog at 7:49 am on December 11th, 2005.

I knew it had been a while since I was last on here, but geez! Since Thanksgiving? Color me embarrased! I mean, I know I have been busy with work and the whole Christmas Shopping thing, but I am on the darn computer every morning... I could have put SOMEthing on here. Not that anyone reads it anyway, but I hate having a 2+ week span of nothing... I like being able to look back on my own blog to see what we were up to.

Well, it's finally ! We're drinking hot cocoa and hot tea in the morning, wearing cozy slippers, and bundling up to go to the bus stop. I love it! As I look outside at the pin oak tree in our front yard, it's bare... not a single leaf clinging to it. They're all on the ground waiting to be raked. Gotta see if I can get David to do that today. I think we need to buy a good rake, though... Somehow, our good one got lost in the move. Don't know what happened to it. It might still be at the old house for all I know.

We did some Christmas shopping yesterday... got something for my great-niece Tia and a couple of things for Noah. We already had something for my great-nephew Tyler, thanks to the great deal e-mails I have been getting from Toys-R-Us. I signed up for their e-mail sales, and low and behold, 11 days ago I began getting some GREAT coupons! They're doing the "12 Deals of Christmas". They send you 1-3 coupon links each day (until tomorrow), and you go and print them off. They are only good for the day they are sent and only one coupon per person. But the deals are on some pretty popular toys and they're anywhere from 25% - 75% off! Gotta love a good deal! Especially at Christmas time!

So all I have to do now is find something for my great-nephew Jaden, and then I can wrap and box up these gifts to send to my brother in VA. One box down, one to go... I still have to finish shopping for my sister and her hubby. But I need to check and see if they are going to be able to come up here for Christmas this year.

Next weekend we are going to Byron to celebrate with my in-laws, and then, of course, we will celebrate with my dad and Gail on Christmas eve, as we do every year. And with it falling on a Saturday, David has no excuse... he has to go! LOL!

I was really bummed yesterday, because my friends didn't get to come up from Columbus and visit after all. But we're going to try and set something up for January... hopefully it will work out better with it being after the holidays.

Well, that's it for now... I'm going to try and get some pics of the Christmas tree later today, and I have to take pics of the family for our Christmas cards, which I need to get done ASAP so I can send them out. I'll post some stuff later or tomorrow with all that.

No comments: