Well, despite the high gas prices (2.99 here when I last filled up), we decided to go ahead and take our trip to Chattanooga... what fun!
We drove up on Sunday morning, leaving around 9:00 and getting there around 11:00, so it wasn't a bad drive at all. We checked into the La Quinta and took our things and Porkchop (yup, she came with us) up to the room. It wasn't the Ritz, but it was clean and adequate enough for a one night stay. Then we drove into downtown Chattanooga to go to the Aquarium.
We found some $5 parking right across the street, and then headed to TGIFridays for lunch. After lunch, we gathered up our tickets (I bought a family annual membership for $10 more than it would have cost us for one day, so that was great! We can go back any time we want over the next year for free!) including IMAX tickets for the 3D shark movie, and then headed into the aquarium. We had such a good time! We didn't get to see the shark movie, and that was my fault. I got confused about the time and we rushed over to the theater thinking it was almost 3:00 when it was actually almost 2:00... no one checked our tickets, so we got in anyway, and we ended up seeing the Safari movie instead. It was still neat, but David was disappointed we didn't see the sharks. All I knew was if I had to sit and watch that darn jeep drive around in the desert any longer, I was going to lose my lunch! I kept having to close my eyes for that part. LOL!
After the aquarium, it was about 4:00, so we decided to call it an evening and we headed back to the hotel to relax and rest up for the next day. We ended up sleeping with me and Rhya in one bed, Noah and Mia in the other, and poor David on the floor, because the kids just wouldn't cooperate and share one bed.
The next morning, we packed up, checked out, and headed over to Rock City. Porkchop was able to come, which was nice. The kids had a blast squeezing between the rocks and walking over the swing rope bridge. I had a lady snap a pic of us up at the observation point:
Noah is frowning because he didn't want some stranger taking his picture. Nut. Anyway, so we got through with our hike, bought some souveniors, and headed home. I think we got back around 1:00 yesterday (Monday). I spent most of the rest of the afternoon with Noah in the back yard shooting his new bow and arrow. He's pretty good! LOL!
Now it's Tuesday, the holiday weekend is over, and the kids are back to school. So it's quiet again. Time to get some scrappin' done! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment