It's been a while, hasn't it? So much has happened since the 18th! So let me see if I can get it all caught up...
First of all, we closed on the house on the 22nd, FINALLY!
I also found out why they didn't mind the carpet or the fact that we had dogs... when I went back that following Tuesday to get the cabinets out of the garage, I met their 4 kids, 2 dogs, and the grandmother, who is also living with them and watching the kids. They'd probably be afraid of ruining brand new carpet's anyway...
So we're finally done with that, and we've paid off all of our old debts and are free and clear to start over here in our new house.
I was able to have lunch with Chris and Durant that Tuesday I went back, too. That was nice! I miss them, and everyone else, too!
Speaking of starting over, we finally have couches! We got a new sleeper sofa for the office:
(It desperately needs some throw pillows, I know..., but I'm working on it.) So now I can acutally have "sleep over" company come and stay... YAY!
And we got a new sofa and loveseat for the family room:
(Again, pillows would do wonders.) I wasn't too sure about the black, but it seems to work ok, and actually accents the fireplace. Besides, you can't see it here, but all the appliances in the kitchen (except for the fridge) are black, too. And with the walls in the kitchen being so dark, it works pretty well.
We also got a new set for the breakfast area, but I haven't got a picture of it yet (you can kinda see it behind the big sofa). And David just called and said he got some bar stools today for the long bar in the kitchen.
So we're slowly getting all moved in. I need to put some shelves up in all the rooms, and some pegboard in my scraproom (David still doesn't know if he likes that idea, but I do! ). But I'll take pics of all that when we get it done.
I finished my first client's baby album, and she got it yesterday and LOVED it! I'm so happy!
I'm going to buy a Sizzix this weekend, since I had to sell my last one to help pay the bills before we sold the house. I'm just waiting for the coupon from Michaels or JoAnn's so I can get at least 40% off.
So anyway, that's my update for now. The kids start school on Monday (we're meeting the teachers today) and they're all excited about it. And it will be nice to get back into a "routine" again. I'm going to start working out a schedule for my household chores and my scrapbook chores so that I can get everythign done that I want to, and so I can start treating my custom album work as a real job. That way, I can also work in some time for my own scrapbooking.
Take care!
Jen
1 comment:
Posted by Terri at 8:21 PM, Aug. 11, 2005
Yea!
Ok, I see the sleeper sofa, I'm waiting on the slumber party invite! LOL :p Terri
Post a Comment