Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Free at last!

Previously posted on my other blog at 11:39 am on September 8th, 2005.

Well, David has been home the last couple of days due to a bad sinus cold... I love the man, but he can be such a baby when he's sick. He went back to work today, and I have been acting goofy all morning, I guess because I can. No more tiptoeing around the house so I don't bother him No more looking busy when he comes out of the bedroom so that he won't think I've just been scrapbooking all day. No more running to the store 5 times a day because he decided he wanted something to snack on that we don't have. Geez! He's worse than a pregnant woman with cravings!

So this morning, I started working on some cards and a mini album using the Design Team materials I got from Kim at IMME, and I'm having fun with it! She sent me some pieces of the Heidi Grace paper and also the new Basic Grey Fusion and Lucky lines, and also lots of little embellishments and things, including snaps and buckles from Junkitz! I saw many of these things at the Expo and held off buying them because of the expense, so it's nice to be able to use them now.

I am also in the middle of working the new baby album for one of my clients. This one is more neutral than the last, and it's fun coming up with new ideas for the same themes.

The weather is holding out here, still very sunny, breezy, and only getting into the mid 80's during the day, which is really nice. The kids are enjoying being able to get outside and play in the evenings, since I'm not so afraid they'll drop from heat stroke. I don't remember it getting so hot when I was a kid! TS Ophelia is still spinning off the coast of FL, near Jacksonville, and it seems to be just sitting still for now, so she is the reason we are having all this nice weather. I just hope she doesn't turn Southwest and head for the Gulf ... they've had enough misery to last a lifetime or more.

So, let me get off of here and get to work on this house. David is back to his normal hours, which means no more waiting until 2:00 to start on my housework. Hope you have a great day!

Jen

No comments: