Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What a ride!

Previously posted on my other blog at 9:25 am on June 7th, 2005.

Whew! I tell you what! It has been a busy couple of weeks! I am so glad to be back online, though. I was going without my internet and e-mail!!

I am feverishly finishing up the swaps I need to send out tomorrow. Now that I'm online I have the addresses again and I can send them out. I know I should have copied them down before I unplugged the computer, but I wasn't there when David packed this thing, so I forgot. And it took longer than I expected for me to get back online. But they are definitely going out tomorrow Priority Mail.

Good news!! I have my first real contracting paying customer for The Scrappin' Gap! I came across an e-mail on one of my mom groups for a lady that was looking for a large sized scrapbook album so she could slip pictures and newspaper clippings into page protectors and display it, so I sent her an e-mail and explained what I do. She was impressed and decided to contract me to make her portfolio! So I sent her my contract and such yesterday, and she is working on sorting all of her photos and other things so she can send them to me. I'm so excited!!

I also contacted my neighborhood website committee last night and sent them an advertisement to post in the classified section of the website. So we will have to see what comes of that. David is a little skeptical that this will amount to anything, but poo poo on him. I'm gonna MAKE it amount to something! He WAS impressed that someone would be willing to pay almost $300 to have me make them a scrapbook and ship it to them, so that was nice.

In local news, we hung out with the new neighbors the other night. We had a brief respit from the rain and the girls our Mia and their Laurie Ann) played out in the backyard together. Mia just loves having this little girl right next door. I'm hoping to take the kids to the pool today, and maybe we will hang out with them there, too. It's a nice sunny day, so I'm sure I couldn't keep the kids from the pool if I wanted to.

Well, gotta put the finishing touches on these swaps and also help the kids fix their dollhouse, so off I go!

No comments: