I joined a challenge on a message board I frequent. We were sent a baggie of scrapbook embellishments, and we had to use at least one of each item we were sent. This month's baggie included two paper envelopes, an acrylic frame, an acrylic etched plaque, two acrylic bubbles, and a package of snaps.
This is what I created:
The patterned paper is from Leaving Prints, the company I work for, and the cardstock is Bazzill. I used gold brads to mount the acrylic frame and plaque, and rolled mini glue dots to attach the bubble. The fibers and ribbon were just part of my stash, and the "heart" and "blessing"words are stickers. I also inked the edges with umber ink. That's is my favorite ink to work with. It blends well, and gives the layout a finished look without being too grunge, like black would be.
I'm rather proud of it. This is what my style has evolved into after 4 years of scrapping, and I really like it.
David and the kids had a slumber party tonight... they rented a bunch of movies, got snacks and sodas, and are currently camped out in the living room. Noah is zonked out on the floor in his sleeping bag, David is laying on the loveseat, bleary eyed, and Mia and Rhya are curled up staring at the tube from the couch. The current movie playing? Spongebob Squarepants. They still have one more move to go (after watching Dinotopia, The Heffalump Movie, Power Rangers, and now Spongebob), but David can't make it through, so he told them they're going to bed after this one. So I guess I'll be waking up to the melodious sounds of Tarzan II in the morning. Oh, joy. He is supposed to camp out with them in the LR tonight... how much you wanna bet? I guarantee you I'd win. Before the night is over, he will be in his own bed... he'll sneak in after they're asleep, if he has to, but he won't spend all night on the couch.
Well, I'd better get some shut-eye, because he won't be the first one up tomorrow morning, either... that's my job.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment