Previously posted on my other blog at 6:08 am, July 14th, 2005.
... of the roller coaster that is my life. It looks like everything is going ahead with the sale of the house, and we might close on Tuesday! I'll be so relieved to have that over with! David is already looking around at furniture for the new house and such, and I have to keep reminding him that there are other obligations I have to take care of BEFORE we get to have fun. I am bound and determined NOT to let him get his hands on this money before I have taken care of business!
I got the "payoff" quote from Litton the other day, and I misjudged by $1,000 what we owe them, so that will make up for us paying $1,000 more on the closing than we originally thought, which is nice. We still have to have the termite treatment done for $700, though. Still, it's a small price to pay to have this house off our backs, so I don't mind. They pumped the septic yesterday and now are waiting on the Hamilton health department to come and inspect and give them the ok. According to Linda, that's all we need and then we're set, so I hope they get it done soon.
I took the kids to the Gwinnett health department yesterday to get them all caught up on their boosters and to get their records caught up so I could enroll them in school. Rhya had to get one shot, Mia got three, and Noah got four! Poor babies! But they were all very brave and I am so proud of them! Afterwards, I took them to get lunch and then we went to the schools and got registered. So they are all set up to start school on the 8th! Rhya loved her new school, or what little she saw of it. They were waxing the floors, so we couldn't tour it, but open house is on the 4th, so we are going to see it then. She signed back up for Chorus, which makes me proud. I told her I would look into getting her some guitar and voice lessons outside of school. She also wants to join a couple of clubs... the yearbook and news clubs. Both have a selection process, so I don't know if she will be able to do it or not. We'll see. The yearbook staff requires teacher recommendation... I might call Harris County and see if Mrs. Hamilton will write her a recommendation letter for it.
I have a lot I want to do today. I got a nice table from Freecycle yesterday, and David is poo-pooing it, saying that now that we're selling the house, we can afford new stuff, so why do I keep getting junk? Well, it's NOT junk, and I'm going to prove it to him by sanding and restaining this table. I might cut the legs down and use it as our coffee table in the living room, since our other one got trashed when he sanded it and left it out in the backyard in the rain. Goober. Now I just need to figure out how to use his sander without letting him know I'm doing it... yikes!
I also need to work on my client's album a good bit, since I won't be home tomorrow, and I want to e-mail her some samples of what I'm putting together so she can see what's going on with it. And on top of all that, I want to get some more boxes out of the garage to make room for what we're bringing home tomorrow.
So anyway, better go for now so I can get started on all this... wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment