I got some great news today! I have a local scrapbook group on yahoo that I got started a few months ago. We've been trying to meet ever since for a crop, but something always seems to come up. I'm hoping it had to do with the holidays and everyone's busy schedules, because we're trying again on the 21st, and I would love it if we had a lot of people there.
Anyway, our meeting place has been set up at a local church who was looking for people to use their building. They're not charging anything. They just want for someone to use the space, since it sits empty so much of the time. The problem is, we can't seem to agree when it would be a good time to meet. It seems that every time we want to have a crop there is another function bumping us out or we can't get enough people to come, so we have to break the commitment.
I decided it wasn't fair to keep leading the church on this way, so I started checking into other alternatives that might make it easier.
Enter the social committee for my neighborhood. I'm on the committee (as secretary), and found out that as a homeowner in the neighborhood, I could use the clubhouse for free, so long as it isn't being used by a "paying customer" (since the social committee can get revenues from them).
I sent an e-mail to the association president (who is married to the social committee co-chair), and asked him for guidelines and if he felt this would be a good idea. Well, the co-chair saw my e-mail and wrote back that she would love it if I could start teaching classes, both to the adults and to the kids, during the summer.
How fab is that?!?
Of course, I told her I'd love to. I can't wait! I'm going to start compiling some ideas tonight for Scrapbook 101 classes, techniques, little projects, and other fun stuff. YAY!
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment