From the Gwinnett County Public School website:
GCPS Alert for September 26 - 27, 2005
Governor Perdue has asked all Georgia school systems to close Monday, September 26, and Tuesday, September 27, in effect taking two "snow" days. As a result, all afterschool activities will be cancelled on these days, as well. Only 12-month GCPS employees should report.
This is in an effort to save gas so that if Rita causes a major problem with the refineries in TX, we won't completely run out. He's also asking all employees who work in the state of GA and can work from home to please do so. According to the news, with just halting the school busses, we will save at least 500,000 gallons of diesel fuel, plus the energy it takes to power the schools for two days, which I imagine is a lot.
David took my van to play tennis tonight (so he could take his ball machine and not scuff up his leather seats
I have almost none in my van, so I will have to put some gas in it at some point, too. If not tonight, then first thing tomorrow morning before prices have a chance to spike. Yay... what fun.
I'm feeling very witchy tonight. I sold one of David's rackets the other day, and got $75 for it, but the other four didn't sell, so I relisted them and they all finally sold today, but none of them got over $52. And even though I listed all my auctions as US only, some idiot from Taiwan bid on and won the last one, so I sent him an e-mail explaining that the only reason I was considering going through with it was because his feedback is good, but it was going to cost $30 to ship it overseas to him. I haven't heard anything back... surprise, surprise.
Gotta go...almost bedtime for the kids. I need some caffeine and something chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment