Well, technically, Fall is already here, but this is GA, and nothing is for sure when it comes to when Fall actually starts around here. I remember a few years ago, it was still getting into the high 80's at the end of October!
The trees want it to be Fall... they're losing their leaves left and right around here... and the grass has practically stopped growing, so I think it's ready for a rest, too. Now all they have to do is convince the sun to back off a bit and give them some cool air!
I want it to cool off so badly. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air, the smell of coldness, the fall colors, the Halloween decorations everywhere... If it could be October all year, I'd be ok with that.
The kids are bugging me about their costumes, so we are going costume shopping this weekend. There is a great new Halloween shop that opened over by the mall, and we went by there to check out the great stuff they have last weekend. They have TONS! I was so impressed! Now, I don't know about the prices, because some of it I could probably find cheaper at Walmart, but the costume prices weren't too bad. I think I can get Noah and Rhya's costumes there. Mia is another story. She didn't see ANYthing she liked there, so we're probably going to end up at Target or Walmart before we get hers.
I get to decorate this year! This is the first time since we have been married that I have lived in a neighborhood that does trick or treating! I got some really cute metal luminaries that have jack-o-lantern faces that I am going to put on the front step, and I've found all my old halloween decorations that have been put away for several years. Wreaths, lights, even cookie cutters! LOL! Now all I need are some fake spider webs, and I'll be in business!
Well, I gotta get going... I've dragged out all the fall clothes and I need to get them put away, and I also have to work on some scrapbook stuff, too. Happy Fall, Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment