Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Scrapbash?

Previously posted on my other blog at 6:51 am on June 12th, 2005.

Well, it wasn't much of a bash... it was actually pretty small. I guess maybe I'm spoiled by the Expo trip I took last Fall, but I just expected it to be so much bigger. They only had three short aisles of vendors and the rest of the hall was set up with cropping tables. I'm glad I had a free pass, because I would have hated to pay $8 to get in for that. And I'm also glad I'm 10 minutes away from it now. If I had driven 2 hours for it, I would have been ticked off!

I got a few cute papers and lots of cute fibers. There was one vendor who was nothing by clearance stuff, and that was nice. Got some really good deals. All in all, I spent about $40 on supplies and $6 on lunch, so not too bad. And I learned a good technique for using microscope slides and copper tape. Actually a minature version of what I wanted to do once with the glass panes and fern fronds for the living room.

Well, today is a "rest" day... tomorrow we are riding out to the old house to get the last bit stuff and clean out the garage. Thank goodness for those big giant dumpsters or David would have to haul a bunch of junk to the dump. It's a long drive from the house, and it probably would have taken a couple of trips at least. We will probably stay overnight at the house and finish up on Tuesday. Then he has the rest of the week off, so we will probably just chill around here. Well, I'll be chillin'... he'll be playing tennis with the new rackets he just got.

I'm thinking of working on a couple of kits for Ebay today... I've been noticing a few things about the stuff that sells on Ebay... what seems to go better and what doesn't. So I'm hoping to put that to good use and get some kits sold out there.

I haven't heard back from my one and only client, so I am going to send her a courtesy e-mail to see if she has any questions about the information I sent her. I also want to run to Archivers and see what they offer in the way of albums so I can save her some shipping cost (she is offering to buy the album and ship it to me with her pictures)... that might get her motivated to get going on it, too.

Better go... it's almost 7:00 and the kids will be getting up soon. I want to have breakfast and get a start on the day before they do.

Ciao, for now!

No comments: