Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Beginnings...

Previously posted on my other blog at 6:01 am on November 15th, 2005.

Well, I started my new job full time yesterday. I am a Customer Care Specialist at a local publishing company. It was busy, and that was nice. It made the day go faster. I was anxious about Noah and Mia being in after-care, but they did great. Both were playing nicely when I got there to pick them up around 5:30. It makes for a late day, though. They have to be at karate at 6:45 tonight, so I'm sure I'll be stopping somewhere to pick up dinner rather than cooking tonight.

David's in classes all week, so he's not working normal hours, either. He didn't get home until 6:45 last night because of traffic and stopping to get himself some dinner on the way home. But he was so nice when he did get home. He could tell I was worn out from working my first full day, so he played with the kids and let me rest, and then he put them to bed when it was time to. I fell asleep around 9:00 while watching TV in the bedroom.

Nothing new scrap-wise going on. I'm getting used to my new schedule, so I imagine it will be week or so before I feel like I can scrap anything. I didn't win the auction I was trying for (two plain lunchpails) on ebay. I'm starting to think my idea of doing a lunchbox recipie holder for MIL isn't going to work out. I want the ones that open on the top, but I'm not willing to pay through the nose for it and they're not available locally. The places around here only have the side opening ones. Of course, I could go to Archivers and buy the Basic Grey kit, but again, I'm paying more than I wanted to. I need to check around here for some thrift stores or antique places that might carry tin lunchboxes or "purses".

Kim is supposed to be sending us a paint can in our DT kit this month, so that will be fun to alter. I'm thinking of giving it to Rhya with some cool accessories in it.

She has decided she doesn't want gift cards this year. She would rather have the element of surprise when she opens her gifts on Christmas. So, in order to make it easier on my father, step-mother, and my in-laws, I'm going to have Rhya get online and go through some store sites like Old Navy, Hot Topic and the Gap. If she can find some specific items she likes that will show them what styles she wears, it will make it so much easier for them to shop this year. I'm sending them a heads-up this morning so they will know what's going on. MIL has already talked about taking her shopping at Thanskgiving time (and then wrapping that for Christmas), but she also always gives the kids a big stocking chock full of little stuff, so Rhya will still have stuff to be surprised about. I think that will be ok.

Well, gotta go get ready for work. :) It will be time to get the kiddies up soon, and I have to be ready first if I want to get a good start to the day. Ciao!

No comments: