Well,here I am! I don't keep a diary, so this is going to be a new experience for me. I only hope I can keep it updated often enough to make it worth while!
I decided to start this blog so that my family and friends can log in anytime they want to and see how we're doing and what I'm working on. We're not the best at communicating, so I just wanted to offer this as away to keep in touch.
So what's going on with us at the moment, you ask? (Ok... I'll pretend that you did) Well, we're about two weeks away from moving to Atlanta permanently. We are planning on renting a truck to haul all the big stuff, like the furniture. We've been moving the little stuff a weekend at a time in his truck and my van, but I'm sure there will still be small stuff to put in the truck, too.
The kids are getting excited about the move. They keep making me count down the days until school is out so they know how long it will be. I still haven't decided if we will move the week after school is out, or wait a week to finish getting everything together. I guess it just depends on how much I can get done between now and then. They get out on the 20th, so I have just under two weeks before that happens. I can't wait until I can go to bed at night and NOT have to set the alarm!
As for my business, (shameless plug coming), The Scrappin' Gap is officially open for business, although I have yet to sign a customer. I haven't really done much advertising yet, with the move and all. Although I did mention it to my new neighbor, and she seemed a little interested, so I will have to talk with her more when I get up there. I'm still updating the site, and taking online website classes, so I hope that I will be able to build more business that way, too.
Well, David has started getting involved with Team Solitaire and RyanClark (#38). They are going to try and start up a program in support of the motocross privateers and he is also going to start maintaining the team's website in the future. He likes feeling needed by the motocross community (his second family), and who am I to step in the way? If it makes him happy, so be it. He has so many other stressors in his life, he needs to have something fun to do. He's thinking of joining the golf club at our new community, too.
The kids are good... healthy and, for the most part, happy. I say that because Rhya is 13, and what 13-yr-old is ever always happy, right? There are days she loves me, and there are days she hates my guts. Goes with the territory, I guess. She's having trouble with a teacher this year, and she's close to failing that class, so some days I'm her hero and some days I'm the wicked witch of the east because I actually want her to get her work done. Heaven forbid! She is still learning to play her guitar... and loves to write songs. She's very good at it, too. I keep trying to get her to write them all down and even record them on cassette or on the computer so she can look back on them later on and maybe even use them for inspiration as she gets older and writes more songs.
Noah loves staying home with me, and Mia is looking forward to getting out of school for the summer and moving up North so she and Noah can share a bedroom, even if she does have to sleep on the bottom bunk. She has done really well this year with Kindergarten... it was a bit rocky at first because she is one of the youngest in her class, but she caught up during the second half of the year, and now you wouldn't even know it. Noah is smart as a whip, too... they play counting games together, and sometimes he remembers numbers that she leaves out!
As for me, I have to tell you, I'm looking forward to having a playroom and scraproom that I can just close the door to when company comes over! To heck with the playroom... just to have my own scrap room! I can't wait!
Well, that's all for now... I have to go make the little man some lunch. Keep David in your prayers for tomorrow... he has to have a cracked wisdom tooth cut out in the morning, poor baby. But maybe it will make him feel better. It's been giving him a lot of grief and pain over the last couple of weeks.
Bye for now! - Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment