Oh, I almost forgot!
I just have to brag on my Mia for a minute. We did our costume shopping a week ago, and by the time I was finished, I wanted to strangle my two other children, but Mia, my wild child, was my saving grace.
First we went to Halloween Express, which is a new store that just opened over by the Mall of GA. Great store, but pricey, I guess since it specializes in costumes. Noah wanted to be a pirate (complete with sword, which was extra), Rhya, who is only handing out candy this year, wanted to be something punkish, and Mia wanted to be some sort of princess. But in the end, the latter two couldn't find anything they liked that was in my price range. I'm sorry, I love my kids, but I wasn't willing to fork out $40 per costume. Not when they have a huge box overflowing with "dress up clothes" in their playroom closet.
So off to Target we went. Well, there it was totally different. Noah wanted to be Woody, Mia wanted to be a Bratz doll (but I could tell she was settling because they didn't have any cute princess costumes left), and Rhya couldn't find a single thing. (Have I mentioned she isn't even trick-or-treating?) So I convinced Mia to wait until we got to Party City and we headed up to buy Noah's costume since it was only $15. But halfway to the register, I heard him say, "Well, actually," (his new phrase). He had changed his mind. So we dropped the costume right there in the housewares section and went to Party City.
Noah picks out a Fireman costume, which we ask the associate to get (they keep them in the back), while Mia and Rhya are still looking. Well, Mia is looking... Rhya is sighing and huffing, and complaining about how all the adult costumes are too expensive. Then, Noah changes his mind again!! So I'm arguing back and forth with Noah and Rhya, because they still can't settle on a costume and the store is going to be closing in 15 minutes... they're both trying to get my attention at once.
And then behind me I hear, "Mommy, I want that one!" Mia is staring at the poster and pointing at this simple little pink pullover princess dress with a silver fabric tiara. It's only $9.99! Against my better judgement, I asked her if she was SURE that's what she wanted (hoping and praying she would say yes), and she jumped up and down and said, "Yes! That one!". You would have thought it was Christmas the way she was carrying on, so I gave the number to the sales girl, and when she brought the costume out, Mia hugged it and twirled around like it was the best thing she had ever gotten in the whole world.
Well, I guess her enthusiasm rubbed off on the other two, because they finally picked their costumes. So, Noah is going to be a pirate, Mia a princess, and Rhya a punk witch. And all the costumes were under $15 each! So everyone is happy. :)
Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment