For those of you who don't know, Freecycle is a nationwide recycling effort aimed at keeping usable items out ofour waste dumps and protecting the earth. Their website is http://www.freecycle.org, and from there you can look up your local group and sign up in their Yahoo group to receive and post notices about items. I belong to two, Gwinnett and Atlanta, but most of the Atlanta stuff is too far for me to travel, so I usually just use the Gwinnett one.
Anyway, on a whim, I advertised on Freecycle the other day that we could use some bookshelves if there was anyone nearby who wanted to get rid of some. That same day, I had a lady write back saying that she had some that were unfinished pine if I wanted them. So I said yes, and went to pick them up that night. Turns out it was a brand new IKEA kit!:
They're not suitable for my living room or office, but they're going tobe great in my scrap room!! I've already put them together and started putting stuff on them. I'll post some pics later, but I just wanted to share my excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment