Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New digi layout...

Previously posted on my other blog at 2:20 pm on August 31st, 2005.

I had time this morning to complete a new digi layout for the Nook...



I used the new Urban Kiwi kit by Shabby Princess, and I just love the colors and patterns!

I was watching CNN just now and had to stop. It's a beautiful sunny day here in GA... blue skies, no clouds, mid 80's. Gorgeous. And I all I can keep thinking about is those poor people in New Orleans, Gulfport, Biloxi, and Mobile. They keep showing all this footage of the water in NO and talking about how it's "drowning". Parents and kids fighting their way through waist deep sewer water. They had one picture of a woman laying on top of a house with two or three small boys. They had set up a blanket to sheild them from the hot sun as they waited to be rescued. It's so sad. It makes me want to shake them and say, "Why in the world did you ever stay there?!? They told you to get out!", but I know that there were many who didn't have a way out or anywhere else to go, so who am I to judge. I only pray that they all survive the next few weeks, as I'm sure there will be lots of nasty diseases cropping up all over the area, complicated by the fact that it is so hard to get to them with supplies, food, and medical treatment.

There's talk of looting, and panhandling... people who came up here to get away and have now run out of money are having to ask for it on the street so they can survive until they get back home and back to their jobs. Supposing that's even possible.

And of course, the scum of the earth... the ones who will cash in on this disaster for their own gain. They always come out of the woodwork, don't they?

It's a huge reminder of how blessed I am to be sitting here in this nice, dry house. How lucky I am that David has such a good job and that we are able to provide comfortably for our family. And how quickly it can all be taken away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Posted by Becky at 9:16 AM, Sep. 1, 2005

Love your page!
Hi Jen!
I love your Home Page! You did a great job, as usual.

Becky