Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Southern Fall...

Previously posted on my other blog at 12:57 pm on October 20th, 2005.

I love Fall, as you've seen me mention, but this time of year in the South (the rollercoaster before the Fall) really irks me. It was just SO cold the other day, which was wonderful! But the last couple of days, we've been back up in the high 80's during the day. We're back to shorts and t-shirts in the morning, instead of jeans and jackets. And to top it all off, come this weekend it will be cold again, back into the low 70's during the day. It will be nice to have that back, but the weather is doing a tap dance on my sinuses!

So for those of you who may not know, I've been job hunting again... time to get myself back out into the work force and talking with adults again! LOL! I went on an interview last week at Lad Publishing. They manufacture course packets for colleges... suppliments for the regular text. They're looking for a customer service/admin assistant type person. They called me back for a follow-up interview with one of the owners (a young guy who actually lives in Apalachee Farms, too), and that went so well that they have the job service I'm going through checking my references. Which means they are about to offer me a job. But while that's going on, I asked the service to send me on another interview so I wouldn't end up closing any doors in case they changed their mind.

So this morning I went to Doosan (used to be part of Daewoo), where they make earth moving equipment and machines. They need an HR person to work with the head HR guy, who is completely unorganized and needs an assistant. It was perfect! Everything he explained to me was the kind of stuff that I used to do at Carters, so I wouldn't need any training except to be updated on recent HR law changes. Even he said that I was perfect for the job, and exactly what he was looking for. So why am I not going to be working there? Because he isn't ready to hire yet... he won't be ready until mid November, and I wouldn't start until December. I don't want to wait that long.

This other place is nice, too... the people are all nice, the company is small, but established, and it's nearby with good hours. And they're ready to hire me now. Like in a week.

It kills me to give up this HR position, but I gotta do what I gotta do. He did say that he would definitely inquire about me when it came time to hire, so if I decide I don't like working at LAD, I can always quit and go work there, but if I like LAD, I can just stay where I am.

I've never had this dilema before! While it's nice to be wanted, I don't know that I like it very much.

No comments: